Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming blog

    Today in my AICE media studies class we filmed our commercial. During this process we had to go to many locations around the school because we are promoting it. We filmed at the main student social area which is the bus loop, outside the cafeteria, in front of mural at the front of the school, and  a small circle by one of the main buildings. We brought many props for our scenes such as blue face paint and blue confetti to show our school spirit. We also brought many variations of school shirts for people that we asked to be in our commercial and so that we could change into them throughout the filming process. We asked about 10 people that we saw around the school to be in our commercial for different reasons such as the school spirit scene and to make our mascot, the flying L at the end of the film.
    Before filming we had not assigned specific roles for our group members. As we were filming whoever fit the scene best or could record the certain way we wanted would do that job. For the first scene I recorded the close up of my group mate, Reese putting on blue face paint. I also participated in part of the school spirit scene by blowing confetti into the camera. For the last clip of the school spirit scene all my group mates joined in and we had a fellow student film us, and two other students. The next scene that was outside of the cafeteria Reese, Amanda, and I were all in the clip. I had set up the tripod so that we had good lighting compared to when Reese set the tripod up and the footage looked dark. They were ready at the table and I pressed record and ran over to the table. Since we didn’t have anyone to press record we are just going to edit me running to the table out of that take.
    The third scene was filmed in front of the mural. This scene took a while to get good footage because it was a low angle tracking shot and we didn’t have anything to use that was on wheels. All 3 of my group members got to record and take part in the scene. When I recorded it was hard to walk and film because I had to hold the camera low and move the same pace as them without it being choppy or shaky. I was standing on grass so the land was uneven which made it even harder. Since we haven’t looked at the clips yet, we aren’t sure which one we are going to use for that scene. For the last scene I thought of a creative idea to form our mascot of an L in a circular area by the stairs. We got classmates that had finished filming their project to be apart of the L. I was in the formation of the L so Reese has directed us where to stand because she was at the top of the stairs filming. We were also going to film a scene of my group and I on the golf cart with security guard saying to come to our school. We hadn’t put this on the storyboard so it was more of a last minute add on, but we didn’t end up having enough time. At the end of the period Reese and I dumped all of our footage onto our computer and put all our equipment away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution practice essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. In the film industry marketing is a prominent method used to ...