Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog

    For the last two days in my AICE media studies class we have been editing our commercial. After the last class when the computers weren’t working we couldn’t edit anything. Our teacher was able to get a laptop cart for these two periods but the computers were still slow. Reese and I were able to import some of our footage but it took up half the class because the computers were very slow. We also were only able to have the computers for 45 minutes because there weren’t enough laptops for the whole class. This meant that with the time we had we were only able to import our footage. We didn’t get the chance to actually edit on Tuesday. Reese and I decided it would be easier to edit on iMovie on our personal computer for a few reasons such as we know how to work iMovie better then we do pinnacle studios, the computers at school were too slow, and we would have more time to edit because we could do it at home.
    Reese and I live very far apart from each-other so we FaceTimed last night to edit the commercial. I have a Apple computer so I offered to edit because we can use iMovie. Tuesday night I imported all the clips onto my computer from my google drive. Since we are using a personal computer we had to save all the videos to our google drive. Reese saved it to her google drive and then shared it with me. I gathered all the clips into a folder and imported them to iMovie. I didn’t finish putting all the clips into the actual commercial. I inserted 6 clips and trimmed them to length I wanted. I also adjusted the speed on some clips to make them look more dramatic. For example, in the clip where Reese puts paints on her cheeks I slowed it down to make it look like a dramatic scene.
    Tonight Reese and I are going to FaceTime again so we can talk about the type of music we are going to add and what transitions we should use. I was thinking we could could use music for the whole thing because we don’t talk in it and it just shows clips of the school. We could use upbeat music which could give the video a good vibe as well as showing the beautiful campus and school social life. Before we filmed we thought of transitions we could include by recording such as spinning into another scene but because of the short time we had to record we forgot about recording our transitions so we will have to insert them through what iMovie offers. Ask because of the delay with the computers our teacher gave us till Monday to work on the commercial which is very helpful because I have been sick and wasn’t able to go to school the past two days so I personally have only had one day to work on it. I was supposed to bring in my computer today so Reese, Amanda, and I could work on the commercial instead of just me doing it but because I am sick I wasn’t able to make it in today. As a result I am bringing in my computer on Monday so we can work on it. The only thing I am worried about though is that we might not be able to finish it all on Monday because we have to add music and transitions and finish it up by the end of that period. I don’t want to procrastinate and put it off to that day but I don’t know what else to add so we will finish it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution practice essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. In the film industry marketing is a prominent method used to ...