Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting final task

  I’m back, as you know I am Montana and I am a sophomore. Since my last intro blog a few things have changed. First I turned 16 and got my license. As you know I’m taking the course AICE media studies. I’m am doing well in it as I have got A’s this year so far. I greatly improved my filming and editing skills from this class. Before this class, I was set on doing something medical for my further career. However, after taking this class I have become interested in movie directing or doing something in the film career. I enjoy filming and editing our projects however, I struggle on the planning portion because I always go straight into everything. For this project, which is our final task, I have four group members. We thought it would be important to have the most help as possible because this is the most important project. Our group includes Reese, which I worked with her for all my projects in this class. James, who worked with us on our music video is working with us again. We also have a new member named Lucy who we are friends with in the class but have never worked with before.
  As I previously said, this class has sparked my interest in the movie world. I used to vlog and make videos on YouTube so I kind of knew how to film and edit. Now after taking this class I learned new techniques to film and edit. Through the help of teachers and friends I learned how to use a camera, new features in iMovie, new camera angles, and the correct use of words that they use in the film atmosphere. I will use my skills of the camera angles to help make this movie better. I need to work on my story boarding skills but since I have 3 other people they will help me learn how to better plan my films. I am also excited to use my editing skills. After learning new ways and techniques of iMovie, I’m ecstatic to put them into action. Also another important thing I learned during this class is not to procrastinate, as a movie making class, the process takes a while. I learned this the hard way after having to cram to finish our music video the night before it was due.
  During our last two classes we had to think of 3 pitch ideas. A pitch is where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. For our first one, which was a kidnapping film, James greatly helped us think of our pitch. Our pitch was, maybe I should have stayed asleep that night and maybe thing would have been different. Our second pitch was an action film about officers who go into a job and his friend was taken by the bad guy in exchange for the flash drive. Our pitch idea which Lucy really helped with was, we both went in to save the victim, and only one of us came out. The last idea we thought of was a girl who dreamt about being killed but when she woke up it wasn’t just a dream. Our pitch idea which I had thought of was, was it really all a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution practice essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. In the film industry marketing is a prominent method used to ...