Monday, April 6, 2020

Finishing editing and starting CCR

After editing and almost finishing I realized we need a little bit more footage. We had about one minute and 45 seconds so I determined we needed more time. No help from my group I went out and filmed a pov of Reese running. We never got to film this part when we were in Birch State Park. Once I added it in it still wasn't enough as I only had 1 minute and 49 seconds. I couldn't think of another scene I could film without them there so I had to think of another way to make the video longer. As a result, I added some transitions and made the title slides longer. I didn't want to make them too long however, because we wanted the titles to cut through the film quickly to add a suspenseful feel to the thriller. Making the title clips too long would have taken that suspenseful effect away. Anyway, after consulting with my group they said that it looked fine. I ended up finishing editing with a time of 1 minute and 51 seconds. I am kind of disappointed even though we finished I edited most of this by myself when James was supposed to do the titles and lucy was supposed to do the whole editing because she didn't film with us. Lucy said she didn't know how to edit and even though I wanted to make her do it because she had done nothing for this project but I wanted our project to be good rather than satisfying my wants. As a result, I edited the whole thing and filmed it all. Anyway, I kind of procrastinated on my CCR but today I am finally starting it. In the beginning, we researched some conventions of a thriller when we were deciding our genre but I don't remember all of them because it was a while ago. So I researched it and started my CCR. I realized that we followed a lot of thriller conventions and codes. The only thing we couldn't follow through with was the low lighting because of the difficulties of filming at night. I tried editing the lighting to be dark but it looked artificial and I thought someone could still be chased during the day, it didn't always have to be at night. I am planning my CCR by first typing it up and thinking of all the responses then tomorrow I will probably have my mom film it for me and ask the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution practice essay

1. Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. In the film industry marketing is a prominent method used to ...